Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oh what do we do in the summertime?

We go to the beach (Idlywood beach park)
My brothers family came to the beach on the very same day as us by chance so we got to hang out with them which was AWESOME.
They met their other grandma there and she brought boogie boards.  Megan and her cousin had a great time paddling around on them.
                           
My big girls spent a few days in Maple Valley with some of their teenage cousins.  
This picture was taken at a park that the five of them drove to and then ate lunch at (with no parents).
I visited a friend from my childhood that I hadn't visited for 20 years.  
Our kids played well together and it was so fun to catch up on each others lives.  I didn't get a picture of her but here are our kids together.
I water my flowers so they won't die.  
We play badminton in the backyard every day.  This week my brothers Derek and Bryce and his wife came to dinner and then joined us for a game.
It was girls against the boys.
 The boys started out with a lead but the girls won in the end.
 Nathan and his friend (our neighbor) went to sports camp.  Nathan did a sports class a few years ago and it didn't go well but this time around he is much braver. He went to camp for 3 hours a day for a week.  Way to grow up Nathan!  They learned soccer, baseball, and flag football.
 And it hit 90 one day so we pulled out our inflatable pools and played in them in our backyard.
So that is our summer so far.  Next week Holly and I will attend girls camp and later this month Scott's parents are coming to visit us.  We can't wait!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

It sounds like a pretty busy summer already and you definitely know how to have fun. 90 degrees? Lucky you guys had those inflatable pools! I'm not missing the hot weather of Arizona.

Barb said...

It looks like you are having fun this summer. Wish we could be there to watch the kids play!

Janell said...

Wow, you guys have had quite a busy summer already! Looks fun!