Last weekend I got to attend ward youth conference with my daughters Holly and Emily. I teach the Miamaid class at church and one of the perks is attending lots of fun youth activities. Youth Conference was held at Ensign Ranch in Cle Elem, Washington. It is located a little over an hour from where we live. We had reserved the lodge and the bunkhouses beside it.
It was a beautiful warm weekend and the scenery was amazing. These horses roam in the field right behind the lodge.
I got to spend lots of time visiting with some of the other youth leaders from my ward.
Our youth conference was missionary themed. I was in charge of a game called Zone Feud. I spelled it wrong in the picture below but later changed it. :) I made the game and it took a long time (about 4 hours). I made 9 different boards so it was a lot of cutting and pasting. Some of the categories were Ways to Spiritually prepare for a mission, foods missionaries prepare for themselves, things missionaries have a hard time leaving behind, ways to temporally prepare for a mission... Two groups of 10 kids each would play the game against each other and I was the host. Then I played it a second time with different groups. I have to admit it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped but that's life.
Emily had a fun time hanging out with her friends.
Holly had fun too.

All the meals were prepared for us by this awesome lady and her helpers. There was lots of food and it was delicious.
We have a really good group of youth and leaders in our ward. Here we all are.Today I am thankful that:
*We were able to get to know Shad. He is my cousin's son and my kids' second cousin. He was diagnosed with cancer 2 1/2 years ago and we prayed for him almost every day since then. He fought a good fight but in the end cancer claimed his life. He was only 5 years old but he led a wonderfully happy life and has inspired us all to be better and more grateful people. We love you Shad! This picture is from Halloween 2014 when he was Kristoff from Frozen. His talented mom made his costume.
*I was able to find something cute for the top of my kitchen cupboards. Birdhouses, a sweet sign and 2 colorful little birds. I smile every time I see them.
*Two sign fair projects were completed and the the boards made. You can bet I helped a lot with these and was grateful when they were done. :)
*The kids in our cul de sac like to play together and recently started having nerf gun wars. Fun times!






1 comment:
Angela, I always enjoy reading about you and your family. Thank You for letting be in your lives.
Janet
Post a Comment