Sunday, August 2, 2015

A week of celebration

Last week both Megan and I had birthdays.  We started out the week celebrating Megan's birthday. She opened her presents first thing in the morning and then had her friend Lucy from church over to play.
Megan and Lucy put fruit on Megan's fruit pizza.  Normally I make a fruit pizza for my birthday but this year Megan wanted one for her birthday.  It is such a yummy summer treat.

Then the next day Megan had two friends from school come with us to Idylwood beach.
 On our way home from the beach we stopped by McDonalds for an ice cream treat and present opening.
The next day it was my turn to celebrate.  Holly and Megan hung streamers across my bedroom door while I was showering that I could break through.  I often hang streamers across their doors when it is their birthday.
 The highlight of my birthday was getting a new dryer.  We got a new washer about 5 years ago but kept our old dryer because it was working great.  Unfortunately last week it stopped working (it was 15 or more years old) so we ordered a new one.
 The new dryer was delivered around 2pm. Delivery time was between 8am and 2pm and of course they came at the very end.   First they pulled out the old one and gave me time to clean up under it.
 We keep baby wipes on hand for cleaning and they did the job perfectly.
Here is the new dryer.  They didn't have one that was a perfect match for our washer but this is pretty close.  We were without a dryer for 1 week which equals 8-10 loads of laundry for us.  I was able to do our laundry at my mom's house which was a blessing but doing it in my own house is best of all.
After the dryer was installed I took my kids to McDonalds for treats (we had been hanging out at home all day waiting for the dryer).  I got a chocolate milkshake and we ate our treats in the van.  We laid down one of the seats to make it like a picnic table.
 Scott was waiting for us when we got home with flowers and donuts.  He made our dinner that night.
 Then the next day I was able to go and celebrate with friends.  My good friend Leticia organized this birthday lunch for me.  I have so many friends at my church and 7 of them were in town and came to the lunch.  They all brought me presents (which was so sweet) and then they paid for my lunch.   Since it was my birthday the waitress said I could get a free dessert.  I got brownies and ice cream that I shared with the ladies.
 I am so grateful for my friends and Megan's friends and our great family that helped to make our birthdays so special.  We got lots of cards and that we can continue to enjoy on our mantel.

3 comments:

. said...

Happy belated birthday to both of you!!!! :)

Dianne said...

Glad you both got to celebrate your birthdays with family and friends. Looks like lots of fun and you make 40 look pretty young! My dryer stopped working too. It seems a shame not to take advantage of the free Arizona heat to dry my clothes so I haven't replaced it yet, but I told Gardell maybe for my birthday. I can only do a load a day because I have to get the clothes dry and back in the house before the sun starts shining on them directly and fades them all. It's getting kind of old, but they smell so good and remind me of my childhood. My mom used to love the way clothes fresh off the line smelled. Thanks for sharing your lives with us.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

you deserve the best Angela!! You are such a sweet person. Always caring about others and always helping. You are an amazing Mom, your kids are always so happy. I am so glad you were pampered by your friends. Having good friends is like having extra family on earth. Love you! :-) Happy birthday to sweet Megan too :)