I haven't posted in a long time because I don't know if anyone is reading my blog. If you are and you want to see more posts please comment at the end. If you don't then this is my last post. I will still post photos on Facebook and Instagram but not on blogger anymore.
In preparation for our trip we bought a new Toyota Sienna Van. For two years we have been considering buying a new van as ours is old. This summer we decided that we didn't want to risk driving it to Utah in our van because it could break down so we replaced it.
I was very sad about losing my old van. This van was my sidekick for 12 years and was so easy to drive and park. It didn't have any high tech features which I loved, since that meant fewer things to break. We were fortunate to sell it in just a few days after we bought the new van. The old van was a 2002 (we bought it used) so it worked well for 14 years which is quite impressive.
Another thing we did before heading to Utah was take a new family picture. We were going to be dropping off our oldest child Holly at college in Utah so I wanted to get a new family picture before she was gone. I plan to use this picture for our Christmas card this year.Our new van drove us safely to Utah and was able to hold a ton of cargo inside which was wonderful. One of the first things we did in Utah was go to Target with Holly to stock up on the supplies she would need for college. We got there a few days before the college rush so the Orem Target was still well stocked.
We were also able to reconnect with a few old friends in Utah. Here we are the Youngquists who we knew when we attended BYU. They were in the same Riviera ward with us and were dating each other the same time Scott and I were dating each other.
Here are our kids together. They have a beautiful house in Bountiful which we got to tour.
We attended church with Grandma and Grandpa and then posed in their front yard after church.
That afternoon I took Megan, Emily, and Holly and we went to Lehi to visit the Criddle family. They were in our ward in Arizona and were some of our best friends.
Me and my friend Beckie
Sunday evening we visited the Provo Temple and a nice guy took our picture.
The hallway in her dorm had been festively decorated by the R.A.
This Bulletin board was especially cute.
Emily and I stayed with Holly for a couple of hours and helped her unpack and set everything up.
Scott brought the rest of the family to see her dorm after we were done setting it up.
We found two nice piano practice rooms in her dorm's basement which Holly has been enjoying ever since.Here is a picture of Holly with her 3 roommates. They are all nice friendly girls and they are best buddies already. I'm sorry this picture is so blurry. We have a new computer and the photo program doesn't work like my old one.
She's doing well at college so far and we made it home safely from Utah.
*I got to go for a walk with my mom. It really is special living so close to her.
*My kids had a pretty good first day of school and were willing to go back today.
*Holly sends us frequent texts so we can hear about her fun experiences.




7 comments:
I can't believe Holly is in college! She will have a great time at BYU though. You have a beautiful family!
I always read your blogs and enjoy hearing about your family adventures. It sounds like things are constantly changing at your house, just as they are at mine. Enjoy your new normal and your new van!
Ditto about always reading your blog...since I'm not on Facebook it is great to hear what you and your family are up to. How fun that all these cousins are at BYU together!!!
I love reading your blog, too! Don't stop!
I read your blog too Angela!! Love the updates and watching your family grow up. I hope Holly is still enjoying BYU and that you have all adjusted to not having her at home any more.
I love to read your blog posts and love all the pictures! Congratulations on the new van and so glad I got to see you while you were in Utah. The family picture of you all at the Provo Temple is a great photo, like the family one that you are including on your Christmas card this year. So glad Holly is doing well and keeps you updated. Hope you are all enjoying the beginning of another school year! Love Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment