Even Nathan was getting a kick out of riding it. I just wish I could get him to lose the binky--we are at a park!
When you want a break from the playground you can head into the small wooded area and make yourself a fort. Notice all the branches in a row, those mark the entrance into the fort. My 3 big kids and 3 of the Smith family kids built and played in this fort for an hour. Meanwhile the moms and the little kids played in a fun sand area (sorry no pictures).
Then when you are ready to cool off head over to the water feature. Of course it was only 70 degrees for us so we weren't too hot. But that didn't stop a few of the kids from getting soaked.
The giant boulders are fun to climb as well. Now where do they come up with these things?
My kids are enjoying their new job chart on a white board
Holly watches truck shows with Nathan (he won't watch them alone)
We have good friends to hang out with during the summer
6 comments:
Wow! What a fun park. Too bad I'm not 10 and close enough to come and play with your kids. I keep reminding myself that we can play at the park in December in Arizona, but I won't lie. I am very jealous at the moment of your beautiful park weather. Maybe you could ship the water feature our way because we could certainly use it. I'm glad you got to enjoy a fun summer day with your kids and friends.
Oh wow, that place looks fabulous...and so does your weather! Looks you guys are having a fun summer...and complete with a chore chart too. We always had ones of those. :)
Hey, you forgot to mention that the tennis courts have lights so you can play late into the night! That's my favorite part of the park. Your post reminds me of an idea I had to make a website where you can post reviews of parks. I'll have to start that sometime!
Wow wish we had one of those parks around here!
Fabulous! Cute pictrures. Hugs.
A question that pops into my head is "Where were these kinds of parks when I was a kid?" Our kids don't realize how good they have it! (Not that I was deprived...but I'm definitely envious of the fun, new-to-me features of newer parks.) So glad you guys have had such great weather, and fun things to do together in it!
Looks like a lot of new fun . . . we went to that park a couple of years ago while we were here for our internship. It sure has changed! We will have to go down again someday!
Post a Comment