Sunday, July 4, 2010

Girls Camp

Last week Holly attended girls camp with our Stake. It was her first year and as a Young Women leader I had the opportunity to go up for one evening. I took these pictures while I was there. Here is Holly with some of her camp friends. Holly said everyday an older girl volunteered to braid her hair.

This is the inside of the long house Holly slept in. She slept upstairs in the loft. Unfortunately the long house only had a roof and walls on 2 sides so it was very cold at night and squirrels and mice were able to get in and run across you in your sleep. Yikes!
This is the oustide of the longhouse all decked out in French fashion. The girls camp was in an olympic theme and the country our ward represented was France.
Here the is the ampatheater that the girls came to for meals and programs. The YCLs (fifth year camp leaders) where doing a funny skit making fun of each year of girls.
Here is our ward having a fireside together with the Bishop. It was very cold, I wore long pants and two coats. Holly had a great time and so did I.

5 comments:

. said...

Sounds like she had a great first year...YEAH!!!

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Lucky girls to not have to sleep in a tent! Sounds like a very fun time! Yeah!

Laura Standage said...

So fun to see the pictures of Holly at camp; you can just SEE in her face how much fun she was having! Glad you got to share some of the experience with her (and get pics so the rest of us could vicariously join in as well...without having any mice run over us in our sleep). :)

Barb Stanford said...

Brings back my first memories when I went...so fun! She will always remember this and you blogging about it helps too =) Glad you were able to be there...sounded like it was fun!

. said...

You are all welcome anytime! We love having visitors. Let Megan know our doors are open and waiting for you and your family to visit! :)