Friday, July 23, 2010

Living close to family has its perks

Last Sunday we attended Church with my brother Barrett. He had his fifth child in May and on Sunday he gave her a name and blessing in church as is Mormon tradition. All of my family that lives in Washington was there to participate as well. After sacrament meeting we went outside for a group photo shoot. It was quite cool outside at 10:15am as you can tell from the folded arms below.
Here is the group shot. Of course we took like 10 of these and were all ready to be done smiling by the end of it. My parents are in the middle of the shot surrounded by their 4 sons and families and my family of course (my other two brothers live out of state). With this new baby my parents have 14 grandchildren 7 girls and 7 boys. Two of the boys are hard to see as one is behind my Dad's head and the other in the brown blanket in the back row at the far right. Oops, I guess it's hard to get everybody.

Here is the happy mother with her new baby girl. Adorable blessing dress!

My brother Andrew had a baby 3 months ago and here is his son (on the right) with Barrett's daughter on the left. They are 7 weeks apart in age. I am so glad we got to be there for the special occassion.
Today I'm thankful that
*Scott is working from home today
*the big girls get to go to my parents cabin with their cousins
*The garage sales today were bad so I saved some money

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for sharing those cute pictures. What sweet babies, and the other family members are pretty cute too. Your dad looks so proud right there in the middle of the group. It's fun that so many of you could be there to celebrate. I bet their ward appreciated the big boost in attendance numbers!

Dianne said...

Oh, and be sure to tell Scott I like his cute purse.

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Love to see these family gatherings! So heartwarming and special.
Cutest babies!
Had to go back and see the PURSE after reading the above comment and LOL there it was! Good for Scott.
Thanks for sharing your family day with us. Hugs!