Every October we make Halloween sugar cookies. This year I made the dough and then each of the girls took a turn cutting out the cookie shapes. After the cookies were cooked and had cooled we sat around the table and decorated them. Fortunately Holly and Emily are now old enough to spread frosting on their cookies. We gave Nathan several cookies with lots of candy toppings to eat in his high chair right at the beginning. That way when we joined us at the table he wouldn't be grabbing everything.

Here are the masterpieces

Holly with her orange and white striped pumpkin cookie

Emily with her toothy ghost cookie

Then after the kids had eaten a cookie and were busy watching TV I decorated some cookies for the RS service auction that would be happening that night.

I packaged them neatly in bags, added a few kit kats for a red accent color...

And tied up the top and attached a cute note.
Today I am thankful that:*our garage door works after having its spring break last week. I just wish repairmen would stop ripping us off! After three days of having our cars parked on the driveway in the pouring rain it is nice to have them inside again.
*I have two really sweet daughters. Megan and Melissa worked quietly in their room for 30 minutes on a project. It was a gift for me. Here they are with the beautifully decorated gift box.
Inside was this sweet little rabbit. I am lucky to be their mom.
*Scott is getting to watch his favorite football team play a game right now (on DVR) and they are winning!
3 comments:
Such fun cookies! With all the Halloween happenings you've posted, I think I'd like to be at your house!
Your cookies are beautiful! How sweet that your girls gave you a cute gift!
You are such a good Mom! Your girls are very thoughtful...how cool is that =)
Post a Comment