Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little boy's wish comes true

A few weeks ago Nathan started asking for a backhoe tractor and a John Deere baseball cap. He kept making the request day after day. Here is a video of his request.

So his nice Daddy took him to a tractor store where he had a great time sitting on some backhoe loader tractors.

Can you spot him behind the steering wheel of this red tractor?

Well he was satisfied for about a day and then the request started again. So Daddy came to the rescue again by ordering these two special gifts. He looks pretty excited don't you think?
The hat says I love John Deere. Now he has a "Daddy" backhoe loader and a "baby" one.
His final request was to go to Chuck E. Cheeses and ride on the Bob the Builder tractor. So that's what we did. It was all fun until Chuck E. Cheese in costume walked by. Nathan was freeked out. I guess we won't have him asking to go to Chuck E. Cheeses again.
If you are thinking that this boy is spoiled you are absolutely right.
Today I am thankful that:
*we made it through a week with a lot of sick people at our house
*it didn't rain today and I could take my kids to the park and on a walk through our neighborhood picking up litter
*the kids like watching TV with each other and their dad (it gives me a break)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a cute story. He might be spoiled, but what do you expect? He's the only boy :)

mom said...

Boys are so fun...and what a great creative daddy Nathan has! Spoiled? Hey its not spoiling as long as you didn't give him a REAL backhoe!
I also think it was very clever of you to hire a live CHucky CHeese to scare him into not wanting to go back for a couple of years...Love and logic! impressive!

Kristen said...

I think it is so cute that he loves backhoes and John Deere stuff. I saw a whole bunch of John Deere fabric at Hancock's in Kirkland. Maybe he'd like a quilt too?

Barb Stanford said...

Look at the smile on his face...he is one happy boy! Spoiled, I think not....the boys need their time away from all the girls and this was perfect for them.