We stared out New Years eve with an Elders Quorum party at our church. The highlight was the balloons--all 420 of them. We were counting down with the east coast to the new year and would release the balloons at 9:00.
While we waited from 7pm-9pm we ate yummy snacks and treats and the bigger kids learned some dances from our wards' resident dance teacher and ran around with their friends. The little girls thought the dance music was too loud so they hung out in the foyer at the church. Jumping off the volleyball pole which had been taken out of the cultural hall was lots of fun.
Yes, it was tricky to get their picture mid jump.
Unfortunately we lost the internet feed that let us watch the countdown in NY. Then we came up with an even better idea. Watch a past years countdown and watch it now. So at 8:45 we counted down to the year 2009! Then we let the balloons fall.
Once the balloons fell we were supposed to step on them to pop them. Wow, that was loud.
At about 8:55pm a few families came to the church to be there for the 9:00 celebration only to find out that it had already happened and all the balloons were popped. Oops.
The Salt Lake puzzle was 500 pieces and the Provo one was 550 pieces and Salt lake won by a landslide I must say! Maybe the Provo puzzle was harder or those extra 50 pieces made it that much harder or maybe I am just the better puzzle builder. :) Happy New Year!
Upon arriving home we started work on our family tradition of putting together a puzzle. Scott and I started this our first year married. Since we have so many helpers now we decided to make 2 puzzles. It was Me and Emily doing the Salt Lake City puzzle against Scott and Holly doing the Provo puzzle.
*the kids are back at school
*my mom tended my little kids
*I got to take a walk, run errands, and hang out at home alone
3 comments:
I think the balloon drop is a really fun idea. Do you know exactly how many balloons there were because you got to help blow them up or is it a significant number? Puzzle piecing is a great way to spend the time waiting for the new year to arrive. You must be a great puzzler, because your puzzle looks harder to me - or maybe Emily is the great puzzler.
Wow! Nice puzzle building! What fun pictures from the party. Looks like so much fun. Okay, this comment is so lame, but I'm posting it anyway. :)
I love puzzles!! I have two waiting to be put together upstairs that I forgot about. You hae inspired me, maybe I'll get them out.
Post a Comment