This week we had a sunny day. It rains a lot here so when the sun shines you quickly change your plans and head outside to bask in the sunshine. Nathan was playing happily with his cars on this particular day but was happy to put on his coat and go outside with me and Megan.

My first order of business was hanging hearts on our front yard tree. One of my girls gave me the idea (since we hang plastic Easter eggs for Easter) and so I bought some at Micheals craft store. I hung the hearts as high up as I could reach which was only the bottom branches. I think they look pretty cute. They are made out of a sparkly waterproof paper and are red on one side and pink on the other.

While I was hanging the hearts Megan found a ladybug. Nathan was very interested so Megan let him have a turn holding it.

I was afraid he would squish it but he was very gentle.

Then while I cleared away some leaves from under bushes I found a second ladybug.

Megan thought it was awesome to have two ladybugs on her. Who knew ladybugs were out in January?
Today I am thankful that*Emily made cookies for us all to eat (snickerdoodles from a box - very tasty). I guess my interest in cookie making has passed on to my children.
*Scott woke up early on Saturday and put together a side table I had purchased. It was a neat surprise to see it made when I woke up.
*Nathan has now stopped talking about backhoe tractors, unfortunately he talks about tow trucks constantly now.
2 comments:
What a fun little moment to enjoy, and cute pictures!
Your yard looks so cute for February. You and your family are so creative. Did you know that ladybugs are good luck. Guess you'll have double luck, because you found two. Keep posting blogs and pictures. I love them!
Post a Comment