Friday, March 18, 2011

Leap Day

Today is a leap day. That means that teachers have a planning day and my kids have no school. As a result I decided to take my kids to the chocolate store. This store makes and sells yummy (but expensive) chocolate. First we went inside the swiss looking store.
Look at the adorable Easter candy display.
I let each of my kids pick 3 of these foil wrapped chocolates.
Then we walked around the store to the chocolate factory behind so we could look in the windows.
This display was in in the window for us to see. Cool, but that chocolate must be old and dusty.
Then when we got home my kids got creative. Holly made a rainbow of cars. The orange tow truck at the top is Nathan's favorite.
Meliss pulled some root beer bottles out of recycling and learned how to make music by blowing them.
Megan made this cute hat.
Here is a close up of the hat. It is a stage with a pop up microphone, guitar, and girl playing the drums. Very creative!
Today I am thankful that:
*My mom tended little kids yesterday at her house so I could prepare my talk for sacrament meeting this Sunday in peace.
*My mom sent them home with enough Saint Patrick's day cookies for all us.
*Scott has march madness basketball to watch and talk about with co-workers which makes him happy.

3 comments:

Laura Standage said...

That chocolate store looks YUMMY! We'll have to visit it together some time! I love all the crafts you do with your kids, and how creative they are on their own, too. Maren begged me this week to make something with her; I could definitely use some of your creativity! How did your talk go?

Stephanie said...

That looks like so much fun. I think I heard about that chocolate place and meant to take my kids there. I like all the fun stuff your kids made and did. Very creative :)

Barb Stanford said...

I would LOVE to live near a chocolate place like that...mind you, maybe it is good that I don't ha ha. Looks like your kids had a fun day. You are so lucky to have your Mom so close by that she can help out.