Monday, May 9, 2011

Fun with Dad

We had a nice weekend (no rain) and so Scott went out to mow the lawn. Nathan followed him around the yard, careful to jump out of the way when his Dad got close. Here he is chatting with his Dad.
Eventually Nathan got bored with watching and stomped around on the patio with his new fireman rain boots. I think he is smashing a flower with his boot.
Here is my boy smiling. I had to take about 10 photos to get this good smiling one.
Then Nathan grabbed his play lawnmower and joined in the fun. I love this photo of both Dad and son mowing.
Then big sister Megan joined in. She and Nathan are good buddies.
After all the outside fun Nathan quickly fell asleep for his nap. He didn't even make it to the couch. And yes, he has been wearing the boots nonstop. He doesn't even take them off to sleep.
Today I am thankful that:

*Emily's 11th birthday party has already happened. She had 6 friends come to it on Friday night. Pizza, games, painting nails, and watching the movie Enchanted made for a fun but LOUD evening.
*Our Easter decorations are finally down and put away. Why are decorations so much more fun to put up than take down?
*Our pear tree in the backyard is in bloom. Too bad the pears will all get eaten or pecked by birds.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Love the little mower! Your son looks so much like his big sisters. What a cute guy!

Becky and Ben said...

I totally understand the boots. Ross LOVES rain boots. He wears his and Brad's all the time. I love that little mower that Nathan has! Way cute pics!