Happy early Mother's Day to me. Scott tended the kids so I could attend Time out for Women in Seattle on Friday night and all day Saturday. I had attended Time out for Women in Phoenix 5 years ago with my book club so I was excited to hear that it was coming to Washington. I went with four friends from church this time and it was a lot of fun. This is a photo of all the women getting seated in Benaroya Hall. The Hall seats 2500 people.

My favorite musician of the conference was Micheal McLean. It was neat to hear him sing the songs I have heard on his CDs and church movies throughout the years.

My favorite speaker was Mariama Kallon from Africa. You cannot help but be inspired by her storyand feel so grateful for the many blessings you have.

My favorite quote from conference was this "don't let yourself be held hostage by your least happy kid". This spoke to me because I often let my kids' bad behavior or attitude influence me. Another idea that made me pause was this "speed and efficiency shouldn't be your top priority, people are". The theme was Choose to Become Something and All things are possible to him that believeth.
These are the windows in the lobby of Benaroya Hall and the beautiful view of Seattle outside.

Looking down on the lobby where Deseret Book was selling lots of books and CDs, specifically ones by the presenters.

View of the Hall from up above. My little group was lucky enough to be sitting at the bottom on the far left in the 5th row back.

A view of the side balconies.

Me and two of my dear church friends. We all serve in Young Womens together.

As we left the Hall it was fun to see so many women carrying their Time Out for Women bags. It was like we were flooding Seattle with the bags.

I can't wait for the next Time Out for Women to come to Seattle.
Today I am thankful that:
*Nathan loves our tulips. I just wish he wouldn't pull the tulips open to look inside.

*Old church videos--I pulled some out today and the kids loved watching them.
*My sweet neighbor who had a garage sale and sold some of my things for me while I tended my kids comfortably in my house.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to go to Time Out for Women. I know I always get such a boost from listening to all the inspiring and uplifting messages that are shared. I have some friends who can't enjoy listening to Michael McLean because they say he can't sing, but I love when he sings his own songs. It makes them seem so real and personal to me. I also like your favorite quote. It is one of my favorite too, I just wish it were easier to not be influenced by other people's moods. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment