The most common Family Home Evening lesson at our house is about kindness. Our kids struggle with not being first, not getting the best spot on the couch, not listening to each other, not sharing... I have signs around the house like this one but I often wonder if they are making a difference.
However, yesterday I was looking for Nathan and this is where I found him. Up in his big sister's room playing Playmobil with her.
Emily is very possessive of her toys and rarely let's Nathan play in her room. Seeing this act of kindness on her part really warmed my heart.
So sweet.
Megan recently surprised me by setting the table for breakfast (something I do each day). She did this before I woke up as a special surprise. I love these kind surprises.
Today I am thankful that:
*it is another sunny day (we've had like 4 in a row) and my flower pot looks great.
*Holly got to participate in her school play last week. She helped off stage and had alot of fun.
*I got to attend a special fireside with Mary Cook (first counselor in the general YW presidency). Me and the other members of my ward's YW presidency sat on the 4th row of the meeting. It was a sweet experience to learn about our YW responsibilities from her.
1 comment:
Looks like the "subliminal message" signs on kindness work. I may have to try that at my house. Mine would probably read things like "Clean up after yourself" and "Please flush the toilet". It's worth a try :)
We sure are enjoying the sunshine! I love summer time!
Post a Comment