I have enjoyed having a quieter house during school hours. But I miss sleeping in and the long days of summer. Now I'm always looking at my watch making sure I don't miss the kindergarten bus, Holly coming home from school and the elementary kids coming home.
Friday, September 9, 2011
First Day of School
This was a big year for Melissa because she started kindergarten. She attends the morning half day class. A neighbor and a friend from church are in her class.
Melissa also just learned to ride her bike with no training wheels. She now asks to go outside and ride her bike everyday. The bike she likes riding most is a little 12 inch wheel bike.
Emily is in 6th grade at her school. It's always fun to be the oldest in your school and get backseat priviledges on the bus.
Megan is our second grader.
Here is Emily and her good friend waiting for the bus.
And this is Megan and her friend at the bus stop. We have about 40 kids that get on the bus at our stop. They consolidated stops last year to save on bus gas consumption. Many of the kids have to walk 1/4 mile to the stop, but lucky for us it is just at the end of our street.
I forgot to take Holly's photo on the first day becasue she leaves at 7am and I wasn't quite woken up. But here it is on the 3rd day. I forgot on the second day too.
I have enjoyed having a quieter house during school hours. But I miss sleeping in and the long days of summer. Now I'm always looking at my watch making sure I don't miss the kindergarten bus, Holly coming home from school and the elementary kids coming home.
I have enjoyed having a quieter house during school hours. But I miss sleeping in and the long days of summer. Now I'm always looking at my watch making sure I don't miss the kindergarten bus, Holly coming home from school and the elementary kids coming home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute kids! Be grateful that your bus stop is in your neighborhood and that your kids go to school where they live! I have to drive to a different elementary school to get my kids on and off the bus. A different one in the morning than the afternoon too! My high school is 20 minutes away one direction and my elementary 20 minutes away the opposite direction. Awesome.
I can't believe how grown up your girls are. They are such cuties. Enjoy the quieter house. :)
I clicked funny because your honesty makes me giggle. The part about forgetting to take Holly's picture :)
Post a Comment