Friday, September 9, 2011

Our last project of the summer

We had a DI swap at our church where the ladies in my ward brought things they didn't need anymore to swap. The things that were not taken were then donated to DI. I picked up this fun collectors shelf. I thought Emily might like it to display small toys in.We bought some white spray paint and gave the shelf a good helping of paint.Then Emily filled it with some of her favorite pet shop toys. She has been collecting pet shop for the past 6 years!Then I carefully measured and hung the shelf to the wall.Here it is from a distance. I am very pleased with the result and so is Emily.Today I am thankful for:
*a nice chat on the phone with my sister in law Laura. It isn't even long distance to call her. Hurray!
*my four school aged kids are enjoying school and have friends to sit with at lunch.
*a mom who went bedding shopping with me yesterday. I hate making decisions so it was fun to take her shopping with me.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I was shopping at the 99 cent store the other day and they had a whole big section of littlest pet shop toys. I thought of Emily and wondered if she still had any. I guess now I have my answer. Good job on taking something home from the swap and quickly putting it to use. It turned out great.

Jessica said...

I love that shelf. It looks really great with all of Emily's toys displayed on it.