Thursday, September 15, 2011

A new family picture

Right before we moved to Washington (5 years ago) we had a family picture taken. When we moved into our house we hung the photo above the mantel. Up until 2 weeks ago it was still hanging there. Melissa (the baby in the photo) is now five and in kindergarten and our little Nathan isn't even in the photo.When we went to Leavenworth is August we got a nice photo taken by a lady at the park who was there with her family. I was so happy that we were all smiling and looking forward. I sent the photo to Costco.com and for only $2.99 I had a new family photo for our frame. It looks a little fuzzy in this frame photo but it really looks like the one below it.But then a sweet of mine told me should be happy to take our picture with her nice camera if I wanted to get another family photo taken. We dressed in casual clothes but with no flip flops, character shirts, hats, or pony tails like we had in Leavenworth. These are the results.

Cutie Nathan!Silly MelissaSweet Megan Here we are all making funny faces. I guess Melissa's nice face is her funny face.And a cute photo of all of us. I think I have a new photo for my frame. Today I am thankful for
*a caring husband who wants me to sleep well.
*my calling in YW. I got to go roller skating last night with them and I love roller skating.
*America's Got Talent. We have enjoyed watching it as a family this summer.

Here's a closer up photo of our family.

7 comments:

Danae said...

Cute picture! It turned out really nice. We need to do new family pictures too. Once we did a large print out of a funny face picture and framed it on a wall. It got a lot of comments from visitors. :)

. said...

What a great picture!

When our family was younger, I used to think we had to go to a professional to get good pictures. However, I have quickly learned, that the ones we take, or have friends take, turn out better and are more realistic of our family. I also have learned to LOVE Costco's photo center!!!

Your family is absolutely adorable!

Laura G said...

What WONDERFUL family pictures!!! I love them, everyone looks great!

Dianne said...

A new family photo has been on my list of things to do for a long time. We were going to try to fit it in while Trevor was here and before Janaya left, but it still didn't happen. Who knows when we'll all be together again. Good job getting an updated photo on your wall. Pat yourself on the back! By the way, it is a really cute picture.

Jill said...

How fun - I LOVE your new picture! I really enjoy getting family pictures done . . . well, probably not the PROCESS of getting them done but I do enjoy having a new picture for our wall. We just had new ones taken and felt lucky that at least everyone was looking at the camera. Perhaps, one day, we will all be smiling as well :)

Diana said...

I, too, am a big fan of friends taking pictures! I keep thinking that one day I'll get a nice camera so I can take the "really good ones", but so far family and friends have stepped in :).

Barb Stanford said...

You guys make me smile! Your funny faced family picture will be so fun to look at in years to come. Your new one is beautiful!