Friday, September 21, 2012

Our little boy turned 4!

This week Nathan turned four.  It is hard to believe that our baby is already so big but I have to admit that I'm glad he is no longer a baby.  The fact that he can play by himself, watch TV shows, use the bathroom on his own, and that I don't have to watch him every minute is wonderful.  Nathan's favorite gift was this Lego Ninjago set with a red ninja guy. 
Nathan got several presents that needed to be put together and his sisters enjoyed helping him do that.  In this photo all four girls are putting together a toy.
 He was very excited about his playmobil police station.
We opened presents right after breakfast on Saturday and then after lunch we celebrated with cake.  Emily decorated some cupcakes.
 Yummy!
 And Holly volunteered to decorate the cake.
 She did a great job.  I guess I can turn cake decorating over to her from now on.
 What a cute smile.  We love you Nathan!
Today I am thankful that
*Holly's first Spanish test was a lot easier than she thought it would be.
*Nathan has learned how to use the computer mouse and likes to play online games.  I just wish there were more easy online games.  Nathan is tired of the Starfall games but many of the other ones are too babish or made for school aged kids.
 *our backyard sunflowers are starting to bloom.  This was my first year growing sunflowers and they grew so well that I want to plant them every year.  I love how they bloom in the fall.  They give you something to look forward to after summer is over.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

You are so lucky to have a 4 year old boy and so many helpful daughters. Love your sunflower! Happy Fall!!

missykac said...

Looks like Nathan was well "gifted"! He is such a cute kid and it is so fun to hear about him and his sisters. Looks like you have lots of help around the house.

Laura G said...

He is so handsome and TALL! Great photo's!