Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween cookies that last forever

In February 2011 I saw some cute felt Valentines cookies on a blog (Pamela Susan) and decided to make some of  my own.  They didn't cost much to make and were a perfect Valentines decoration.
Then a few months later it was Easter and I decided to make some Easter cookies out of felt.
 This fall I was in the mood for crafting so I decided to make some felt Halloween cookies.  I looked for Halloween cookie ideas on Pinterest.  That website is full of ideas for everything.  I printed out my favorites.
 Then I cut out patterns for my cookies.
 And cut the cookies out of felt.
 It took me a week but the cookies are done, and I can enjoy them all month and then again next year.
 Today I am thankful that:
*My parents are having a fun time on their North Eastern states trip.  In honor of their trip on Sunday we put together a puzzle that features the coast of Maine.  We are still working on the sky.  All the pieces look the same so it is really tricky.
 *My visiting teacher dropped off a pear pie at my house. I love surprise treats!
*For my children.  I am so glad that I have them and I'm trying hard to not complain about them.  They are some of my greatest blessings.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for sharing your cute cookies. I guess pretty soon you can make some Thanksgiving ones or Christmas ones. I think looking at them all the time would make me want to make some real sugar cookies to munch on. Hope you get your puzzle done before your parents get back home and thanks for reminding me that my children are one of my greatest blessings. It's good to be reminded.

Ruthie said...

Those are super cute, Angela! It's fun to see what people actually make from all the ideas on pinterest!

. said...

You are definitely a queen of creativity!!!! The Halloween "cookies" turned out great and get me craving some real sugar cookies. Hope your parents are having a terrific trip.

Kenna said...

Love the cookies! They look amazing!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I tried to make felt cookies once....suffice it to say they did NOT look anything like yours and promptly went in the trash. I love how you transformed the idea for each season - so cute!!

Laura G said...

They turned out GREAT! Pear Pie looks delicious! Mmmm!