Megan is in choir this year. This is her first time being in choir because it is only for 3rd, 4th or 5th graders and she is in 3rd grade. Since October the choir has been learning holiday songs and this week they performed them. They sang the songs at the Bellevue Sqaure mall. The mall was super crowded on Friday at lunchtime though and there were not enough enough chairs to sit on. Me, my mom and Nathan were there to hear her sing.
Megan had a fun time riding the bus to the mall, ordering lunch and paying for it herself at McDonalds, and being in a group with these fun girls. They even got to go to Build a Bear were they could spend their own money. Megan just bought a bear hat. I decided to try out another pinterest craft idea. This craft is making big snowflakes out of popcicle sticks. I just made one snowflake because it took a lot of sticks and about half of my sticks were bent. You just can't make a perfect snowflake out of crooked sticks.
Melissa posed with the completed snowflake. I think I will paint it red and hang it on the wall.
This month Megan has been working on a Heritage report for school. She researched the country of Denmark (where some of her ancestors are from) and then made a powerpoint to present to her class. Today was the heritage feast for her class. All of the students had to bring in food from their country to share with their classmates and all the parents. Basically this was homework for the parents. I don't think any third grader did any cooking. I made Danish Apple cake and it was actually pretty good.
I ended up with a lot of leftovers so it's lucky I like the stuff.
Here is Megan tasting food at the feast.
These cool snowman were hanging on the window in her classroom. Megan's is on the second row with the green hat on.
Today I am thankful that
*I get a Christmas card in the mail almost everyday. I just love receiving them from family and friends.
*I got a lot of Chrsitmas shopping done on Saturday. I took my four girls to Kohls and Target and let them pick out their own gifts.
*My week of driving the seminary carpool at 5:50am is almost over and then I don't have to drive again for 5 weeks!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing some of your December fun with us. I miss the school holiday concerts and all the cute kids dressed up and performing. I love your snowflake. That looks like it took a lot of time! Good Job! The school snowmen are adorable and I would be very thankful when my turn to get up before the crack of dawn to drive the carpool. Yeah for Holly, and the other seminary students, for doing it every day of the school year.
The above comment was from me, not my daughter. Not that it really matters, butI didn't want to be accused of putting words in her mouth.
Post a Comment