Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

We've been having a nice Christmas break. It is great getting to sleep in past 5:30am and having lazy days.  On Christmas Eve my parents and brother joined us for dinner, games, and reenacting the nativity story.  Just like last year Nathan did not want to be in the nativity but he did make it into the picture. 
 We wrapped up the girls like snowmen as a game.  I had seen this idea on pinterest but keeping the toilet paper from breaking and falling off was almost impossible.
 Luckily the kids liked playing with the toilet paper even more than being snowmen in it.

 On Christmas day we went to my parents house for dinner.  Little Oliver kept the girls entertained.  He is such a cute baby.  Everyone just wants to play with him and hold him.
 The day after Christmas we headed up into the mountains to the new Moulton cabin.  They had a fun but very steep sledding hill at the cabin.
 Nathan liked sliding down it without a sled or gloves and holding his new sharp tooth dinosaur.
 Climbing back up the hill was quite a workout.
 The Standages came to the cabin with us.  When it was dark we all went on a walk through the snow to see Christmas lights.  We met this nice dog on our walk.
 My brother Bryce took this great picture of the cabin.
 Here is the cabin in the daytime.
 And here are the happy owners of the place. 
Today I am thankful that:
*Our live Christmas tree is down.  I do not miss the pine needles everywhere and we love having the space to play back.
*Scott has been so helpful with the kids over break.  I have enjoyed a lot of free time.
*The girls are having fun playing with their new toys together.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. I'm glad you got to go enjoy the Moulton Lodge. It looks like a fun place and Christmas is a good time to play in the snow.

. said...

What fun you've had!!! Family is always the best part of this season, glad you've gotten to have lots of time together. Please let your mom know we got their Christmas card, what a beautiful family you have. It's crazy to think how big all of our families have grown.

missykac said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas activities. I couldn't see you in the nativity picture. You must have been the picture taker. Was that how you participated? Glad you made it to the Moulton Lodge and tried out the snow hill. Yes, your Mom and Dad do look like happy and very inviting owners of the lodge.

Ruthie said...

That Lodge looks so cool! I think it's awesome your parents invested in a place like that to share with all your families! I'm sure you'll have lot's of great memories made there.

D/E G said...

I love getting to share a bit in your annual traditions. Thanks for being a good blogger, a motivated crafter, and a friend who still keeps in touch! Have a wonderful 2013.
Emily

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

What a fun Christmas! I just did that snowman activity at a pack meeting in Nov. Our cubs loved it. We did it as a den vs. den competition. You're right though, the tp is tough to keep together. I love all the snow you got to enjoy!