My kids are very excited for Christmas this year and none more than little Nathan. Ever since we put up the Christmas tree Nathan has been asking every day if it is Christmas. He loves getting new toys and can hardly wait. He has a calendar and a Christmas tree to help him count down the days but I'm still not sure if he understands time.
I am enjoying the month of December. I love all the decorations, the music, the lights and the treats. I painted my wooden snowflake red this week.But it looked so plain hanging on the wall by itself that I glittered it up and put it on my snowy shelves instead.
On Thursday we received a surprise on our front porch. It was one Christmas candle. Someone was going to do the Twelve days of Christmas for us. The second day we got two bags of pretzels, and the third day three snowman sliding.
The fourth day we got four cupcake ornaments and the fifth day five Christmas tree cakes. My kids love checking outside several times each day for the new delivery. This has been very fun for them. Thankyou to whoever is doing this!
My girls continue to make new Christmas pictures for me to hang on the wall. This one of the nativity scene is so well done.
This week I am thankful for:*Our nice home teacher that gave us this foam nativity scene. He told my kids they could make a part of it each time they do some service in our family. We are slowly making progress on it.
*All the Christmas cards we have received in the mail. I just love opening them each day and attaching them to my kitchen cupboards. As I work in the kitchen I am surrounded by friends and family.
*Last week Holly got to take part in the living nativity that we do at our church each year. The 9-12th graders act out the story 5 times on Friday and Saturday night. Holly was an angel. It was hard to get a good picture of her because it was so dark outside.
There were even two long haired goats in the stable that they kids could pet after each performance.
4 comments:
Nathan doesn't have to wait too much longer for Christmas to get here. Hope he feels it was worth waiting for. I really like your snowy shelves and your snowflake looks great all painted and glittered. You have a smart home teacher who knows your family well. What a great idea to get to craft for doing service. Thanks for sharing.
Gosh it sounds and looks like you have a fun house to live at. How lucky you are to have some sweet angels doing the 12 days of Christmas for you, a smart and thoughtful home teacher and such excited and creative children. Not to mention parents who have inspired all of this. Merry Christmas!!! Love your surround photo album in your kitchen of all your fun cards and etc. Thanks for the great post!!!
We had that penguin toy growing up. It was fun but the noise drove our mom crazy I think! I hope you have a great Christmas, Angela!
I like the idea of putting the cards in the kitchen where you can see them- smart! It's almost time, Nathan! Hang in there! :)
Post a Comment