This week I heard about a big nativity exhibit at the Mormon church next to the Seattle Temple. So on Saturday morning I attended the temple and then went to the exhibit. I was there right when it opened so that is why the place looks empty. Over 500 nativities were on display in the cultural hall. Over 100 Christmas trees were around in the building and there were additional activities and displays in the most of the classrooms. It was very impressive and would have taken a lot of time to set everything up.
This nativity was my favorite. I wish I knew which company made it.I snapped a picture of myself in front of this cool nativity mirror from Mexico.
Back at home our house is all decorated for the Holidays. I was inspired by some door swags I saw on Pinterest and made this for over our front door.
The girls have been hard at work cutting out snowflakes for our back door.
I turned our white fridge into a snowman again. The Christmas cards are starting to come in. I have four hanging from the kitchen cabinets already.
And the kids each made a snowman face for our snowman banner (another pinterest idea).
Our tree is decorated and still alive. I hope it stays green until Christmas.
Our kitchen wall is covered in new Christmas themed pictures courtesy of the girls.
This week I am thankful that
*Scott helped Emily live out one of her dreams by taking her to audition for the TV show America's Got Talent. They were in Seattle on Thursday. Several hundred people were there to audition and apparently most were girl singers like Emily. We will hear in January if she made it past this preliminary audition.
*Nathan is excited about going to preschool. His teacher decorated the classroom with a castle theme and brought in some cool knight and dragon toys that Nathan really likes. Normally he doesn't want to go to preschool but because of theses new toys he can't wait to go back. I hope the castle theme lasts for a few weeks.
*Scott and I survived his work Christmas party. It was at a dinner/theatre place in the Seattle. It sounded like lots of fun but the seats were uncomfortable, it was 4 hours long, the dinner wasn't served until 9pm, and the entertainment was very strange. Luckily we had some of his nice coworkers to sit with at our table.
4 comments:
What great craft ideas! And way to go Emily for trying out for that. Super impressive - I always dreamed of stuff like that as a little girl and I'm so impressed she actually did it!
I love your garland over your door! The picture of you in the mirror nativity scene is adorable! You guys are such great parents for your active and creative kiddos! Love all the seasonal artwork in your beautiful home! Good luck Emily!!
Some how I missed this post back when it was first posted. I love to go to nativity displays and this one looked really fun. Glad you got to go. Emily is so brave to try out for things. That's exciting, and especially nice that her dad took her and you didn't have to. Yeah for fun toys at preschool.
I love all the decorations! The fridge is such a cute idea! Ours is black but maybe I could steal your idea and just have a really "dirty" snowman fridge next year.
Post a Comment