Thursday, November 7, 2013

7 years ago and Halloween

Seven years ago we packed up our house in Arizona and boarded a plane to Seattle.  We had four daughters at the time ages 8,6,2, and 7months.  We moved into my parents house in Sammamish and Scott began a new job at Microsoft.  Seven months later (after our house sold in Arizona) we moved into our home.  I can't believe we have been here so long and that Scott has been with the same company for seven years. His longest stay with another company was 3 years. It definitely hasn't been easy for any of us but we made it. To celebrate the occasion I made Scott this sign and hung streamers for him to go through as he came home from work.
Here is a picture of my handsome husband Scott.  I keep this picture hanging in the kitchen so that even when Scott is at work I can see his smiling face.   I put that sticker on his picture once and now it won't come off without leaving a sticker mess so it stays.
 Here is what our kids looked like in 2006 right before we moved to Washington. 
 And Scott and baby Melissa in 2006
Here is a photo of the girls in 2007 (our first Halloween in Washington)
 And these are the pictures from this Halloween 2013. Our girls sure have grown a lot these past 7 years! Megan and Melissa are on the right.  Nathan doesn't like Halloween so he didn't dress up or go trick or treating.
 Here is Holly on the left.
 And Emily on the right.  Next year I am going to make sure I take a picture of all the kids together.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

It doesn't seem like it has been 7 years since you lived in Arizona, but when I look at all your grown up kids I think it has to have been that long or longer. It's amazing how quickly time passes. I'm glad Scott has found a job that's a good enough fit that he has stuck it out for 7 years and I know your mom has been glad to have you and your family close by. Nice how that all worked out. Here's to another 7 or 17 or 77 - give or take a few.
I'm still a fan of those cute trick or treat bags your mom made, and a fan of you for keeping them safe so your girls can use them each year. That's interesting that Nathan doesn't like Halloween. I wonder how he'll feel about it next year, or in 7 years.

Janell said...

I loved seeing those pics of your kids as little babies! So adorable. And we are sure glad you are around. :)