Is picking fruit in the summer. On Saturday we drove 20 minutes and arrived at the this fun strawberry patch. We picked for half an hour and ended up with 8 lbs of strawberries which cost us $8.00.

There were lots of red juicy berries. We were told we could eat as we picked but they were a little too dirty to eat right off the vine.

We all gathered a basketful of berries.





Scott was there to help too. In this photo Megan was picking a little bug out of her hair.

Nathan pretty much just ran around. But since the vines were low we could always see him.

Here we are with our two boxes full of strawberries. Needless to say I spent the rest of the day making freezer jam, freezing berries, and eating lots and lots of strawberries. YUM. We are hoping to pick raspberries in July and blueberries in August.

Today I am thankful that
*Holly is at girls camp this week hopefully having a wonderful time
*a beatiful purple flower regrew from last summer in our yard
*My mom tended my kids for 3 hours today so I could shop by myself--priceless
3 comments:
How do you do it all?!?! What fun activities with your kids. And please tell me that your stake sends girls to girls camp at age 5, because we are too young for you to have a daughter going! :)
Cute!! Oh how fun!! I know another thing that you are thankful for: That you DON'T have to go to girls camp! :) No, it was fun last year for me, but I'm glad I'm passing it up this summer with the pregnancy and everything :)
Wow what an amazing family time picking fruit! Such cute kids! Nathan looked like he had the most fun. LOL You guys are terrific parents.
Post a Comment