This summer Scott decided to put a little brick edge around our back lawn. He measured one edge of our lawn and bought enough bricks to go beside it. Then he strung a line from one end to the other so he could lay the bricks in a straight line. Nathan was very interested in the whole project. Dirt, bricks, and shovels are just up his alley. I kept him inside for most of the time so Scott could work in peace. I can tell he is going to grow up to be Daddy's little helper.


Scott had to dig out the grass that didn't lay in a straight line and then dig a trench for the bricks to go in. He made sure all the bricks were level using a combination of dirt and sand and a rubber malet. Here is the completed edge. It looks great--now just 3 more edges to go. I guess he'll do those next summer.

I recently started a new chore chart with my kids. Like any chore chart, it isn't perfect but it has been working pretty well. Thanks to my friend Jenn for the idea. Basically it is a white board and every morning before the kids get up I write down their chores for the day. I put it right in the middle of the kitchen so they can't miss it. Once they complete a chore they can cross it off with a white board marker.

Also I wanted to share with you one of our favorite books Mr. Tanen's Ties. We discovered this book 9 years ago when we lived in Texas and have continued to check it out over the years. Order it from your library--you won't be disappointed.
Today I am thankful for: *all the comments I receive on my blog, I get so excited knowing people want to read about my life, so keep commenting :)
*fun times at the Moulton family dinners with cute babies to hold
*my little kids who love to cuddle with me and tell me that they love me
3 comments:
Angela, darling, there is SOOO much dirt in your yard for Nathan to dig in. Just today Jacques said he wished our new place had a back yard so he could dig for bugs. Get out those shovels and let him be a boy! ;) Oh and I love the brick edge, looks very neat and nice.
Scott updating bathrooms & now the yard? Wow! Is that really my brother? :) I loved the pics of 'the boys' enjoying father-son time together. Thanks for the chore chart idea & book suggestion; we're always looking for ideas here. After learning that "Guess Who?" is one of your kids' favorite games, we gave it to Rachel for her 6th bday. Now all 3 of our kids LOVE it! So like I said, thanks for passing along great ideas, and for your fun blog!
Those pictures of Scott and Nathan working in the yard together are priceless.
Great idea about the chore chart =)
Post a Comment