Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy to have a new replacement oven

Our old oven died and it took a week to decide on a replacement, and then three more weeks for it to arrive. Finally had a working oven after a month! I was so excited I even put on my apron, and baked lasagna and breadsticks.

8 comments:

Danae said...

And such a lovely oven it is! I love getting new appliances. Such a silly thing to get excited about.

Laura Standage said...

Congrats on the new oven arriving! Have your blessed it yet with your first batch of cookies? I'd love to get your breadstick recipe, btw. I love eating them, but I haven't succeeding in making them. Loved the pics of your blueberry outing. Thanks for sharing them, and for the great job you do on your blog!

D/E G said...

Your oven looks great and ready to cook up a storm! It was great to get lots of updates from your blog and email! You're so good at detailing life's events and keeping in touch!
Emily

Laura G said...

Ooooh how exciting!!! Looks great! I love to cook and bake too, I'm anticipating cooler weather so my tiny oven stops heating up my place.

Dianne said...

Looks just like a photo out of Better Homes and Gardens. Very nice! We had your breadsticks for dinner today too. They're wonderful (even baked in an old, ugly, too small oven). Maybe someday I'll break down and buy a new oven too. Let me know how you like the stainless steel. I'm not sure that I'm sold on it.

Diana said...

How fun! I'm glad you finally got your oven. I haven't done a ton of baking this summer because it makes the kitchen feel so warm, but I know I'd want to do a lot more baking if I knew that I couldn't! It's like the days when I feel cabin fever when my van is in the shop even though I stay home most of the other days :).

It's fun to catch up on what you're doing. Good luck to the girls in school, and enjoy the beginnings of fall weather!

Barb Stanford said...

That is VERY exciting for sure! And it looks great...wish I lived closer to relish in all your baking =)

Nanci said...

What I would give for some of those cookies! Looks really nice and looks like an ad from the 50's except you are smiling! ;) I have much to read on here...