Monday, November 15, 2010

He plays with the big boys

We live at the bottom of a culdasac. At the top live a family of boys, big boys. Nathan loves these boys and is quick to run up to their house anytime he sees them outside. Two of the boys play hockey and so they have a hockey goal and lots of sticks and pucks/balls. They gave Nathan a stick and ball to play with once and now he expects it everytime. Luckily the boys are nice and seem happy to play with him when he comes running up.
The boys have a dog too. Most of my girls have been afraid of dogs just because they haven't spent much time around them. That isn't the case with Nathan, luckily.Before you have children you are so excited to have them. Then once they are born you look forward to moments like this. Both kids taking a nap simultaneously while the other kids are at school=free time for Mommy!
I posted a picture of our Halloween Mantel earlier so here is our Thanksgiving one.
Melissa recently got some cute buttons and jewels and then decided she wanted to glue them onto a frame. Grandma gave her a frame and with some glue gun action we made a cool frame. It hangs in Melissa's room by her bed and we can swap out the picture with a new one whenever we want. By the way that is Melissa and me under the rainbow, in case you couldn't recognize us.
For Family Home Evening we each made a list of things we were thankful for. Here is Megan's list. I just love her first grade writing.
Finally, we have had some beautiful fall days here and my girls decided to get buried in leaves. Here are their heads.And here are their bodies. It took all of our leaves to cover them.
Today I am thankful that;
*Nathan went to sleep in his bed tonight rather than on the couch.
*Scott came home early from work and helped me make dinner.
*Holly and I are in the ward choir together.

2 comments:

Danae said...

Great leave pictures! I need to rake some up and have the kids play in them and take pictures. Of course, all of our leaves will make a much bigger pile that yours and the next day the yard will look like it was never raked! I love the leaves, I even enjoy raking them!

missykac said...

What a fun blog. Lots and lots of things I want to comment on. That is so cute that Nathan loves and gets to play with the big boys and their dog. Yes, adults do live for the time when the kids take a nap. Ross has napped once at our house. He's a fun, but very busy boy. I think that is so neat that Melissa has a frame for her most current work of art. She's a budding artist. What a great first grade writer and artist Megan is! I am really impressed! We have raked and raked leaves and more just keep falling. Guess we have too many trees. We should have taken a break and played in them. It was fun to see the girls covered in them! Ross really liked jumping in the garbage can to mash them down. Congratualations that you and Holly can be in ward choir. Thanks for keeping your blog updated with LOTS of pictures.