Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow-Finally!

Last winter we didn't get any snow. So when it snowed today our kids were ecstatic. Melissa and Nathan went outside in their PJs they were so excited.
After lunch we put the kids in snow clothes and headed out again. Nathan thought riding in his car in the snow was fun. He liked the snow jump we made (for sleds) and parked his car right on top of it.
Of course when it snows out come the snow clothes and the mess that accompanies that.
By 3:00 in the afternoon enough snow had fallen to build a snowman. I pulled out my handy dandy snowman kit, and we got to work.
Holly rolled the biggest snowball and the neighbor kids helped with the other two. I put in my snowman decos and we had ourselves an awesome snowman. It was a wonderful day. And the best news of all--tomorrow is a snow day, so we can have even more fun in the snow.
Today I am thankful that
*Nathan did a good job without a binky all day, we took them away this morning (for good)
*Scott had a day off work and babysat the kids for a few hours and made dinner.
*We have a warm house to hang out in on a cold day.

5 comments:

Danae said...

that snow man kit is so cute! Do you guys get snow often? I guess I was surprised to see that you have snow clothes. When it snows here the guys are scrambling to find something warm!HAve fun in the snow!

. said...

Love the pics and I am totally envious of the snow! What a great idea for the snowman set. Where did you find the terrific pipe?

Stephanie said...

These are really cute pictures! That snowman is incredible!!! I'm glad your kids were able to enjoy the snow too. I love the one where Nathan and Melissa are in their pajama's :)

Bridge said...

Absolutely wild! Can't believe you're getting snow! Looks like a lot of fun. Thank you for sending me the cookie link, by the way. I love it!

Laura Standage said...

What! It snows in Seattle?! Uh oh...we're going to have to rethink that option. Just kidding! That was an awesome snowman; what a great idea to have a kit for its decorations! Glad you guys are doing so well. We love you lots!