This week started out with a trip to the Oral surgeon. Holly has an impacted tooth (an adult tooth stuck up in her gums on top of another tooth that wouldn't come down). Since we had Monday off of school for Veteran's day it was the perfect day to do the procedure. I went with Holly to the oral surgeon to get her tooth exposed and bonded. She was put to sleep and then the surgeon opened her gum, attached a gold bracket and chain to her impacted tooth, and then stitched her up. I got a bit
queasy being in the room when Holly got her IV and was put to sleep but other than that everything went well. Holly took it easy for the rest of the day and tried to get in as many naps as she could during the week. Holly was on several medicines for pain and to prevent infection and told me "this is probubly the most medicine I have ever had". The gold chain will be attached to Holly's braces and slowly tightened to pull the impacted tooth down.
I found this on facebook and thought it was so true. Most weeks I am lucky to just get the laundry done, the lunches packed, dinner made, and grocery shopping done.
I did get out the hot chocolate and bought some candy canes. It has been such cold dreary weather, I figured hot chocolate was in order.
Melissa created a cool caterpillar.Nathan made this fun habitat at preschool for a plastic lizard.
Nathan took several naps which is always appreciated.
I was able to help out in Melissa's class with the ToyMaker Workshop. It was an in-house field trip. The kids made boats out of wood, nails and rubber bands.
And floated them in water outside.
Holly helped make dinner one night (homemade mac and cheese)
and Emily set the table.
Megan continues to practice her cartwheels every day and she always asks me to come and watch her.
She is a master at the splits too.
She can do the splits in both directions.
And she can do great handstands. No one else in the family can do any of these things. Megan is very flexible.
Today I am thankful that
*Holly's surgery is behind us. We first heard she might need the surgery over 2 years ago and now finally the surgery has been done and she is on the road to recovery. The oral surgen did let us know that the chain could fall off and the surgery would need to be redone. Let's hope that isn't the case for Holly.
*I got to visit my BYU roommate Carolyn and see her cute new house. She recently moved close to me.
*My cousin has good doctors for her son, lots of loving family, and strong faith to support her during this time of trial in her family.

3 comments:
Sounds like a busy week, not much rest happening in the Walker home, but that is what the end of the year seems to always bring. :) Glad things are working out.
Wow, lots going on at your house. Glad Holly's surgery is done and I will pray that it doesn't ever need to be done again. Sick kids are no fun! I am impressed by your kid's creativity, flexibility and talents. Glad to hear that Holly is learning to make Mac and Cheese. I made a big pan the other day to take to the hospital and it hit the spot. What a great comfort food!! Keep sharing your life - as you expose what is happening with your family I feel a lot more bonded to you. Keep taking showers if nothing else, being a mom is a full time job and you do it very well.
Wow, the tree farm is in a beautiful place! And the tree you picked looks great! So glad the adventure turned out to be a fun one for your whole family. And now you get to enjoy the great pine scent all Christmas season long! Thanks for sharing. We're glad we could get together last week; we always have fun with you guys.
Post a Comment