We continued the tradition of making Halloween cookies this year. We made a few scarecrow cookies as seen on the pinterest website. They turned out pretty cute, but the cookie hats tasted yucky the second day, they were soft, and wafer cookies are supposed to be crunchy.
Megan and Emily showing off some of their designs.
Melissa always makes such happy looking cookies. I love those licorice smiles.
On Halloween I helped at both Melissa and Megan's class parties. I was in charge of the ghost craft at Melissa's party. They turned out cute but required hours of cutting on my part to get them ready.
Here are two of the completed ghosts. The kids glued on the faces and arms, and colored cheeks for the ghosts. I cut out 46 of those ghost arms!!!
On Halloween night Emily chose to go trick or treating with some of her friends. Emily dressed as Belle from Beauty and Beast.And Holly went with her friends dressed as a pack of peanut M&M's.
I got to take Megan and Melissa around the neighborhood. Megan was a ladybug and Melissa was a peacock.
Nathan was hesitant about getting into costume but finally decided to be Iron Man. However, he was too nervous to go up to anyone's door (even for candy) so I took him back home shortly. These pictures are of Nathan and his cousin from a few weeks ago.
He does make a nice looking Iron Man.
Today I am thankful for:
*friends to go trick or treating with. They make the experience that much more fun.
*cancelled playdates. Today I was motivated to clean up my house really well because some new friends were coming over. Turns out they were sick and I should have checked my email sooner. But I ended up with a very clean house and two free hours which was great!
*you people who read my blog and comment. It means a lot to me! Thanks!


3 comments:
Love the cookie tradition. I love the costumes. What a fun Mom you are :)
I must've missed those cookies on pinterest - SO adorable!!
(and kudos to you for cutting out all those ghosts!)
The ghost craft is really cute!
Post a Comment