Nathan was my big helper this Thanksgiving. He was very good at mixing the ingredients for the rolls. I contributed rolls and a jello salad to the meal. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house and about 40 people attended.
The roll dough sat in the fridge for one night and then on Thanksgiving morning I rolled it out and into crescent shapes.
Here are the completed rolls ready to eat and my cute big girls.
My Grandma Moulton (who is 92 years old) was there with us for Thanksgiving making the day extra special.My mom had her house decorated beautifully and the tables were set so nicely too. We all enjoyed the candy favors left at the places. We had three tables set up. Two for adults and one for all the children.
This is the grandchild table. They were served first and then the adults got their food.
There were lots of yummy pies for dessert. My kids liked the peanut butter pie the best. It was almost as good as the cute turkey cupcakes we had this week for FHE. Holly decorated these for us.
Today I am thankful that
*So many of our relatives live nearby. It was fun to see the Moulton relatives yesterday and the Standage ones today.*Holly took down all the Thanksgiving decorations and dusted so our house would be ready to decorate for Christmas.
*We have so many fun Christmas shows to watch. I love our DVR and the Hallmark channel. I am a sucker for predictable love stories.
*I got to read a fun book on Thanksgiving called The Wedding Bargain by Agnew Turnbull. It was a pretty quick read and a very interesting story. Thanks Jill for the book recomendation.
4 comments:
It looks and sounds like you have lots of helpers at your house. Do you loan them out?? Glad you had such a fun Thanksgiving and know how much fun the BIG group is. Your Mom did have things all done up fancy. We have so much to be thankful for!!!
Would have enjoyed sampling one of your yummy rolls or one of your cute turkey cupcakes. Glad you had a fun and festive Thanksgiving with lots of family. Thanks for sharing.
What a beautiful meal! I can't believe how big our families have gotten. It still feels like there needs to be a Moulton reunion sometime, just not sure where would be big enough to have it!!!!
Oh Angela - your rolls look amazing! and I loved the FHE cupcake idea - my kids would love that. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving and I am glad you enjoyed the book as well!
Take care and enjoy decoration for Christmas!
Jill
Post a Comment