Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November Happenings

Melissa continues to do creative things everyday. Here her doll is sleeping on a big pile of pillows and balnkets. Of course Melissa is posing cute as always.
Scott brought home a glass statue (not pictured) from work and these two cards in recognition of him working for five years at Microsoft. One card was thanking him for five years of work and the other card was for me. It thanked me for supporting him through the past five years. Wow--five years!

We had a family dinner at my parents house and I made crescent rolls.

I pulled out our light bright on a rainy day and Megan wrote this cute message for me. it definately made me smile.

Emily worked hard to design a cover for her school yearbook. All the 5th and 6th graders could submit a cover.

This is the cover Emily submitted. She could only use the three colors white, green and black. The teachers will vote on the covers.

Here is another creation by Melissa. Notice the word Mom made out of paper clips.

I have been doing alot of research about Disneyland because we are going there early next year. We went to Disneyland 6 years ago so it is time we go back. This book, which I got from the library, has been very interesting. It has all sorts of ideas about where to stay, what to eat, which rides are too scary or intense for preschoolers and what time of day to go to each ride.

I have also been helping to prepare for Young Womens in Excellence in my ward. Some of my fellow YW leaders decorated for the activity. This banner says Personal Progress a pattern for life. On the table below was a bolt of fabric in each of the 8 value colors and lots of cute sewing notions.I was in charge of the refreshments. The Beehives, who I teach, really wanted a chocolate fountain so that is what we had. A friend in my ward brought her chocolate fountain and set it up for us to use. I made brownies and rice crispy treats and bought bananas, strawberries, pretzels, marshmallows, gummy bears, and vanilla wafers for dipping.


The Young Women and their parents all enjoyed it. When the YM and scouts finished their activities they quickly came in for a treat too.

Today I am thankful that:


*I was able to get new tires on our car. It took three hours but Nathan and I had fun going to stores together to fill the time. Office Max, Sports Authority, Micheals, Lowes, Petsmart, Trader Joes, Barnes and Noble, and Costco (Nathan was alseep in the stroller by the end).


*I had an umbrella with me for those three hours otherwise I would have been really wet due to the nonstop rain.


*Melissa played with a friend afterschool so I had time to get the new tires.

1 comment:

missykac said...

You do have creative kids. They are just taking a pattern from their parents. The refreshments for your Excellence program looked and sounded like a big hit. Looks like you can make cresent rolls as well as your Mom. You had to make as many as she did for her event it looks like. Thanks for sharing your November activites with me.
Congratulations to Scott on 5 successful years with Microsoft. Time passes quickly when you're busy doing useful things. Love ya!