Sunday, November 20, 2011

A pre-Christmas craft and messes at our house

After several rainy days we got a sun break and Nathan and I went to find some leaves to play in. Unfortunately the leaves were quite wet. After taking a picture and throwing a couple in the air we headed home. We love playing with dry leaves on the ground...maybe next year.I bought some cinnamon scented pinecones and some tiny pompoms and Melissa made us some fun pinecone trees.Megan made some too. I really like them becuase they are tiny and cute and they smell good.I had my two new snowmen pose among the trees. Then I put the snowmen and trees away for another week. We don't decorate for Christmas here until after Thanksgiving.These are everyday messes at our house. Backpacks and binders on the bench, lots of shoes underneath and handmade art on the wall.Lots of colorful coats on the coat rack.Water bottles by the sink, waiting to be filled for another day of school.Lunch boxes on top of the microwave. I'm really glad for these messes. They show that I have lots of children, which are my greatest creations. I think I will miss these messes when my kids are all grownup and moved away.Here are two of my favorite kids, Sweet Megan and my little buddy Nathan.

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for being my friends and reading my blog. :)

3 comments:

missykac said...

I liked seeing your cute pinecone trees. The girls look like they had fun. I agree with you that your messes are great messes. You will miss them! BUT not for a while thank goodness! Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Enjoy turkey day and getting together with cousins and all. BTW where are your thankful pictures from this year. The ones you do for Family Home Evening. Love ya,
Aunt Kathy

. said...

A fun post! You always have cute craft ideas...hope you don't mind if I copy them!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Kodie said...

I liked your comments about the messes. We have those same kind of messes around here and sometimes I need to be reminded to enjoy them!