Tuesday, November 1, 2011

He's potty trained!

Last week I got serious and potty trained Nathan. I had tried it back in September but gave up after a few accidents. This time I had him pick out a potty present before we started. He chose a playmobil pickup truck with a four wheeler in the back. I took him to the toy store and bought the present. Then I put it high up on a kitchen shelf where he could see it but couldn't reach it.

We posted a potty chart in the bathroom. Each time I took him to the bathroom I would write down the time and he would put a sticker on the chart. Our goal was three days without an accident.

Nathan did a great job and after succesfully completing 3 days he got his special present.
He did ask me to get it down for him about 30 times duirng the three days but I just kept reminding him that he needed to fill up the chart. I'm glad this method worked so well for him.

Today I am thankful that;

*It is sunny again. I wish I could take a bikeride to enjoy the beautiful fall colors.

*My kids had a fun Halloween with parties at school during the day and trick or treating in our neighborhood at night.

*Nathan has stayed dry day and night since he got his potty present.

4 comments:

missykac said...

Hooray for Nathan. What a BIG grownup boy he is getting to be. Hope he enjoys his new truck. High 5 from me!

Becky and Ben said...

Way to go! I can't wait until Ellie is trained. I want nothing more to do with diapers! What a good feeling.

Heidi said...

Congratulations, Angela! It is so fun to haul the family around town without any diapers to worry about. He is such a cute boy--it's been fun to watch him grow up on your blog!

julie said...

Congratulations, Angela! I've been worried about training a boy, but your method isn't too different from what I've done with my girls. Good job!