On the day after Thanksgiving we pulled out all the Christmas decorations and started decorating. My kids would not let me wait another day--they were so excited! Here they are looking at their ornaments. They pick out a new one every year and store them in a bag with their name on it.

And here is our decorated tree.

An up close picture-Christmas light make it look magical.

This year Scott bought this fun Christmas Lego set for us to add to our Christmas decorations.

All the kids were very excited to help make it but Holly and Emily were actually the builders.

We put the completed set on this wooden tray so we won't lose any of the pieces this month as we play with it. When Christms is over we'll put it all back in the box and save it for next Christmas--at least that is the plan.

Here is my mantel and gingerbread tree. I love collecting Christmasy houses and anything with gingerbread boys and and girls.

Today I am thankful that
*We have a washing machine and dryer, today is laundry day and I'd hate to wash all of it by hand.
*December has finally arrived. My kids are anxious to start counting down to Christmas, let's just hope our advent charts don't cause a lot of contention, like in past years.
*There are so many cheesy (Hallmark style) Christmas shows on. So far I have watched Christmas Engagement, November Christmas (sad), Elf, Decorating wars, and Trading Christmas. The kids will watch them with me so it's a win win.
2 comments:
As always, your decorations look amazing! The lego set is really cool too...tell Scott nice pick!
I love your tree! We have been threatening to buy that LEGO advent calendar for a few years now :) It looks fun!
Post a Comment