Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Decorations

Last week we decorated for Thanksgiving. I pulled out the cornucopia and fake fruit. I have to admit the play food grapes look a little too fake.
Nathan thought the cornucopia made a better hat.

The fall leaves here are so beautiful. One afternoon Holly took my camera and snapped a few pictures. I wish the leaves would stay this color all year.

Close up of a red tree.

This is what my mantle looks like.

I found these wooden Pilgrams at a garage sale. My mom had some just like this when I was growing up.

This cute wooden sign was made by a friend several years ago.

This is my hodgepodge of Thanksgiving things including a chipmunk salt and pepper shaker (on the bottom right) that Melissa got from a free box for me.

Today my mom gave me two Pilgrim figurines. I think they are very cute.

Here is a fun Thanksgiving sign I made at a RS craft night a few years ago.

Tonight we will have our Thanksgiving themed FHE where we each make a big list of the things we are thankful for.

Today I am thankful for

*the Book of Mormon. After reading the Oct. Ensign magazine I have a renewed love and appreciation for it.

*my mom and the ladies in my ward that tend Nathan so I can volunteer at the school. Melissa and Megan love to have me help in their classroom.

*wonderful Young Women and Young Women leaders in my ward that I get to be friends with and learn from.

2 comments:

. said...

Your decorations are beautiful, as always. Both the Thanksgiving ones and the Halloween ones. The ghosts are so creative and I absolutely love their faces! You and your mom are both so creative! I wish some of that could rub off on me!

Becky and Ben said...

Beautiful! I have 0 Thanksgiving decorations. Brad asked me when I was going to put up Thanksgiving decorations. I told him I didn't have any. I guess I'll have to get some on after-Thanksgiving sales.