Last week we went to Disneyland. We pulled the kids out of school for 3 days and flew to CA with my parents. The lines were very short at Disneyland and we were able to ride all the things we wanted to on the first two days. My Aunt Kathy had sent us all Disney shirts and the kids all wore theirs on the same day. I took this picture of them wearing the shirts at breakfast before they got the shirts dirty and before they were feeling tired (and then would refuse to smile). We only had one set of ears so I made Melissa some Minnie Mouse ears out of her hair.

Scott and I rode Space Mountain together. It was kind of scary but mostly just dark. I don't know if some lights were broken on it or what but I didn't like it. At least we weren't as freaked out as the lady at the front of our car. I wonder if she meant to make that face?

We got our picture with lots of characters because the lines were short, here we are with Goofy.

Scott and I took our three big kids with us on Splash Mountain. As you can see I turned my head on the big drop.

The next day we rode the ride with Grandma twice. The second time we were prepared for the drop and did not close our eyes. Check out my mom. She was so brave she even lifted her arms. Unfortunately I got very wet and my watch got water under it's glass. Today I'm trying to dry it out with rice, I'll let you know if it works.

It was in the 70's all three days we were at Disneyland. We were often squinting in the pictures, as you can see from the photo below. I just love the mickey mouse flower shape behind us.

Today I am thankful for
*snow--we finally have enough to play in and there is no school so all my kids are home to enjoy it.
*naps-Nathan is taking a nap as I type. He is always so angry before his nap but when he wakes up he is happy again.
*legos-we have a lot of them and my kids are having a great time building lego houses today. For Christmas we bought 5 big green lego boards for building on so each child would have their own.
6 comments:
So close to Vegas you should have taken a couple more days and come over and seen us. Looks like you guys had fun. - Todd
What a fun trip! It makes it even better that the lines were short. Glad you had a great time, next time, like Todd's comment says, hopefully you can add a stop in Vegas!
Sounds like it was a great time to go. Glad that you guys had such a great time! Loved seeing your pictures here and on facebook.
Thanks for sharing some of your adventures. I love the Mickey Mouse ear pigtails. So fun! I am not a big fan of space mountain either. I haven't been on it in a lot of years but I just remember total darkness. I think the lady in the front of your car is freaked out because her riding buddy disappeared! Glad you got to enjoy some sunshine before the snow hit Seattle.
hurray for trips and adventures!! So glad you guys enjoy your trip!!
Loved hearing about your Disney vacation and looking at all the fun pictures. You are totally "on top of things"! Looks like snow is on it's way. Bundle up!
Post a Comment