Sunday, January 22, 2012

A week of snow

The first day of snow was very exciting. We made paper snowflakes for the window.
And made five snowmen in the back yard, one for each child in our family.
The second day of snow brought more new snow. Nathan thought it would be fun to throw snowballs at his sisters but when they threw one at him that made him mad.
Scott was stuck working from home since the roads were too snowy for driving on. He took a break in the afternoon and helped us with our snowfort in the backyard. He added a fun slide off the side of the fort.
On the third day of snow I made a upside down snowman in the front yard. It turned out cute but was definately more difficult to make than rightside up snowman are.
Our fourth day of snow we lost power. Luckily Holly decided this was a good day to give all her polly pocket toys to her younger sisters. It kept them busy for hours.
At night the power was still out and the kids built lego houses to flashlight.
Luckily we had saved one of our cord phones (that didn't require electricity to run) so we had a way to call people when we didn't have power.
Three snow days later and after a lot of rain to help melt the snow, we are able to drive on the roads again. We only received about 6 inches of snow but we also got 1 inch of freezing rain which only made things worse. We are happy we were only without power for 17 hours.

Today I am thankful for:
*$5 a bundle tulips. I bought some at Safeway and have loved seeing them bloom on my kitchen table while it is still a winter wonderland outside.
*Ward conference Sunday which was today. I learn a lot and I get a break from my ward YW calling.
*Nathan has a sweet Sunbeam teacher that took him to class today (in his grumpy mood) and let me go to my class.

6 comments:

Windy Dawn said...

I LOVE the upside-down snowman! :)

Jill said...

LOVE the upside-down snowman!!! What a great idea! So glad to see your snowy week was good. We never lost our power and are glad for that! And yes, it is nice to have the roads clear and drivable again!

Ruthie said...

I really like the picture with the paper snowflakes and the snowmen outside behind them. It's got cool dimensions/layers to it.

Dianne said...

Looks like you made the best of a week of snow. Do you think your girls will remember how to "do school" when they finally go back? Hooray for tulips and great Primary teachers!

Diana said...

My favorite is Nathan's face after being attacked by a snowball. Classic!! Glad you survived the storm :).

. said...

Absolute fun! I love how you always make the best out of a tough situation. The upside down snowman is awesome!