Monday, June 14, 2010

Carnival games

I am helping with Megan's kindergarten class party this week and I volunteered to make 2 carnival themed games. The first is an elephant peanut toss game and the second is a fish pond. I found a cute elephant picture online and then added some banners above and beneath it and some cute circus clothing.
Then I divided the picture into four parts and copied those parts onto this piece of cardboard. I know it is hard to see.
Finally, I painted in all the designs and outlined them with black sharpe. Holly and Megan both hleped me with the painting. Total cost=nothing. I had the cardboard and borrowed some craft paint from my mom. Here Megan is attempting to throw a peanut to the elephants trunk.
I used the rest of the cardboard box to make this fish tank. I covered it with blue tissue paper from my gift wrap box and then attached these fish I bought a few years ago. The fishing lines were made from sticks out of our backyard, string and a clothespin at the end.
I can't wait for the party!

4 comments:

Russell and Johanna Anderson said...

Well done on those games. You are an artist I can tell by how nice they look! You should bring them home and use them for birthdays and ward activities. Very nice and very fun!

Dianne said...

I'm impressed!! Good job.

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

SUCH a helpful mom to this class!! Wow. Could have used some clones of you each year I was teaching Kindergarten. For sure the carnival will be a success!

Becky and Ben said...

You are so creatvie. I wish I had even 1/10th of your creativeness!