My little Megan graduated from Kindergarten this week. She has had a wonderful year in afternoon kindergarten. Everyday she would catch the kindergarten bus on our street with three other girls from our neighborhood. Megan was in a class with just 16 kids and had the best teacher around. I couldn't have asked for a better experience than she had. Now she is onto first grade. I will miss having her hang out with me each day and Melissa will miss having her to play with. Megan is glad that her days going visiting teaching with me are over.

Holly graduated from 6th grade. She also has had a great year with an awesome teacher. Next year she will be at junior high. How do I have a junior high kid already? In some ways it seems like I was just there myself. This is Holly and her good friend and teacher.

The carnival games I made were a big hit at Megan's end of school party. Look at the cute hats, balloon animals and face painting that were done by the other moms. Wow! Megan's teacher is the young lady in the back.

I tried to be creative like some of the mom bloggers I read about by posting this sign and streamers on the front door for my kids to see as they came home from school the last day. These are my silly little girls posing for me. My husband Scott said "who is Summer, is she coming to visit?" I guess men don't appreciate this kind of thing as much as women.
Today I am thankful that *some people comment on my blog--that is why I have a blog--I LOVE COMMENTS C:
*our backyard neighbors planted a tree to shield their sliding back door from us--Yeh!
*Emily is on a waterpark adventure today with a friend
2 comments:
We must read the same blogs, I saw some Mom's go ALL out for their kids last days of school. I love your streamer idea. Your girls are so beautiful. They sure are growing up fast. Junior High...ah! :)
I always love reading your blog. You also add lots of pictures. GREAT!! I can't believe that you have a daughter going into Junior High either. That's neat one just starting her elementary years (Kindergarten's only half day) and one moving up to the next level. Both look darling and very happy. Happy Summer!
Love ya,
Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment