Monday, June 28, 2010

Free Lemonade Stand

My daughter had been begging to do a lemonade stand, but I kept resisting because I always feel a guilty passing by lemonade stands and I didn't want to make other people feel quilty. Then the idea hit me that she could do a free lemonade stand and then everyone could stop who wanted to and they wouldn't have to pay anything. For kids it's just fun to hand out lemonade, they don't really need the money. So Holly and Emily made wonderful signs.
Then they made two types of lemonade and set up their stand with a friend's help.
We all enjoyed testing the lemonade.
The girls waved signs at cars as they passed by and sang the cutest little song. There is a video clip of them singing below. It is short and sweet. At the end of the day they had $4--some people wouldn't take it for free--go figure.


2 comments:

Russell and Johanna Anderson said...

very fun girls. I would have given you money too. I love Lemonade stands. Our girls do them every year!

Dianne said...

I loved the song!! It looks like they had fun. I could have used some nice cold lemonade today, but it would have been too hot for the girls to stand outside to sell it. I'm glad lemonade weather has arrived in Washington. Wish I was close enough to come and get some FREE lemonade.