Wednesday, June 23, 2010

summer fun

Today marks 1 week of summer for us. We have been having mostly rainy cold days but today is beautiful and 76 degrees. Yesterday we went to a local bounce place. For just $6 a kid you can bounce in 10 things for 1 hour and 15 minutes. We went to the first session of the day and had only 6 other kids there with us. The second session had over 50 kids. The early bird definately gets the worm. Of course the blowup slide was my kids' favorite thing to do. I even went down it a few times.
Melissa would climb to the top and then chicken out and slide back down the stairs. That in until the worker lady said "no sliding down the stairs!".
Nathan was content to play with the baby toys. Of course the trucks were his favorite. He loves trailers too, me not so much as they are always coming unhitched.

Last night I went with the YM/YW in my ward to a Where's Waldo acitivity at the mall. Six adults from our ward dressed up in disquise and our job was to find them and get their signature. The youth were divided into groups of four and given 6 cards (one with each of the adults name on it and room for their signature). The 6 adults were just roaming around the mall in the common areas (no going inside stores). I think I walked the mall four times with my group of girls. The seven girls below are some of the girls I am a church leader for. We have 12 in our Beehive class. What cuties---this is at a park outside the mall that we had treats at following the activity.
My girls are outside swimming in our inflatable pool right now. Notice only thier feet are in, it's too cold to get your whole body wet. Last summer we had 2 weeks of 90-100 degree weather but since we don't have AC it was miserable. I'd be happy with 70-80's like we have today.
Today I am thankful that
*Scott has fun friendly co-workers with his new job
*my mom has a pool in her neighborhood that we can go to
*we are having a 3 week break from piano lessons---I don't have to remind them to practice each day and hear them complain.

4 comments:

Danae said...

We had a pool just like that in Colorado. I can not imagine life without A/C, but I live in super hot land. Our neighborhood pool is so warm now it is not so refreshing. We are supposed to be about 101 tomorrow w/o the heat index of the humidity which means it will feel like a very sticky 110. July and August will be awful if June is this bad!

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Great pics of your kiddies having such fun! And what a great deal too!
That mall game with the youth sounded so so creative!
Bet it was an event full of laughs!
Enjoy your blogging! Hugs.
Aunt G.

Russell and Johanna Anderson said...

I love that Where's Waldo game....I'll have to keep it in the back of my mind for an activity one day. Looks like you summer is going well already, ours starts in 7 more days....yaaaaa.

Amy Langford said...

My goodness I can't imagine cold weather now- in our daily consistent heat. We should trade places for a week =) We have 12 Beehives also and 12 more coming in before the end of the year. Where's Waldo is such a fun activity! I am also on break from music lesssons and loving the break, but missing the music. Have a wonderful, wonderful summer!