Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A new kitchen for us

Six years ago we moved into our first house and bought our first play kitchen. We never had room for one in our apartments. It was a nice kitchen and cost $15 at a garage sale. But on Saturday I went garage saling again and found us a new kitchen for $10. I just couldn't pass it up. It is more updated than our old one and has a stainless steel fridge. Notice the shelf up on top. Perfect for putting the creations you make so Nathan can't mess them up.
Here is the opposite side of the kitchen complete with a BBQ and pass through window. Emily who is 10 was having just as much fun with this as the little kids.
Just to reminise, here is our old kitchen. Now empty and lonely. I would like to sell it but the girls don't want me to. So I guess we have 2 kitchens now. NICE!
The awesome feature of our first kitchen is that it folds up for storage.
Speaking of new things we also recently bought a new bench. I had to buy it new and Scott spent an hour putting it together but it looks great too.
The bench replaced the two white chairs below. My mom bought them for me at a garage sale 5 years ago. They served us well and made excellent home teacher chairs but they kept getting water on them and becoming more and more stained(if you click on the picture you'll see what I mean). Now they are in the upstairs hallway as my kids won't let me get rid of them either. They are fun to hide under.
Today I am thankful that
*it is Scott's birthday--we can't wait for him to get home from work so we can celebrate
*Nathan is happy watching TV with his sisters for short amounts of time
*our snapdragons are blooming--such a fun flower.

1 comment:

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

As a little girl, I so desperately wanted a play kitchen. I still remember those feelings all these 50 plus years later. AND what an amazing new kitchen set it is! Lucky kids!! Steal of a deal too. Yeah!!!
The new bench is classy, really nice! Good for you!
Happy belated birthday to Scott ! How blessed he is to have you as a wife and such a loving bevy of daughters and a great son. Likewise, you all know he is one of the best dads and husbands out there! Hugs.